Well January hasn’t quite panned out as planned but I know that everything happens for a reason.
After the euphoria of completing my first 5k at Parkrun as Tail Runner, albeit it was a mix of brisk walking and slow jogging, I came down with a throat virus and lost my voice. After dosing myself up with Lemsip all week, I finally felt ready to get back to my workouts after the weekend.
I went out on Saturday and disaster struck…
I slipped and damaged my ankle…my good one! What was worse, an x-ray showed that I had broken my ankle on both sides. I was wheeled down to theatre for an urgent operation where my ankle was pinned, steel plates inserted and I was stitched back up again.
My original bad ankle (now my better ankle) is holding up well…it must have been the pre-fall training which has strengthened my ankle muscles as it is now managing to get me around the house with the aid of crutches.
So how am I going to deal with this opportunity?
- Well I’m not going to treat it as a setback. I’m going to take the positive from it, speak to Jase and think about how I can continue this journey.
- I’m going to use this time wisely by resting and doing appropriate exercises, as guided by my physiotherapist and Jase, to improve my rate of recovery.
- My diary is always heavily congested and I rush around. I am seeing this as a sign that I need to take care of myself and put my health before business.
- I’m using this time to update all of my marketing materials and to create a plan for the year ahead, to ensure I achieve all of my business goals.
- As soon as I am mobile, I am going to start exercising. I can do some floor work and upper body work. My plan is to start swimming as soon as I can.
- Throughout this period of inactivity, I am eating healthily to ensure that I give myself the best possible chance of an improved rate of recovery. After all its the food that you eat as well as the exercise that has an impact on weight loss.
So that’s it for now. I’m having my stitches out on Thursday and then I will see what next week brings.